The CFexpress 4.0 1.3TB Cobalt Memory Card Provides the Optimal Capacity for RAW Cinema-Level Video Shooting Applications with New Higher Performance Read/Write Speed Capability
San Jose, CA September 5, 2023, 8:00 am ET — ProGrade Digital, Inc., founded with a mission to provide the highest quality professional grade digital memory cards and workflow solutions, announces the 3rdgeneration of its CFexpress™ Type B Cobalt-class memory card in a new 1.3TB capacity. This new generation features the same industry-leading quality of ProGrade current 2nd generation 325GB and 650GB capacity cards, but now leverages PCIe Gen 4 interconnect with NVMe 1.4c host controller interface. ProGrade Digital’s 3rd generation CFexpress Cobalt cards are fully compliant with the just released CFexpress 4.0 specification, and provide read speeds of up to 3,400MB/s, burst write speeds of up to 3,000MB/s, and sustained write speeds of up to 2,800MB/s – ideally suited for the highest-resolution cinema-grade video capture applications. As in past Cobalt-class memory card generations, the highest endurance and reliability memory technology is utilized – ensuring years of trouble-free, high-performance capture.
“The introduction of our 3rd generation CFexpress Cobalt card at the 1.3TB capacity point provides the extra space and unparalleled performance needed for the very highest resolution video capture needs,” said Wes Brewer, Founder and CEO of ProGrade Digital. “Our inclusion of PCIe Gen 4 controller technology, coupled with upcoming USB 4.0 high-speed readers will allow offloading speeds 3x greater than previously possible, providing a dramatic reduction in workflow processing time.”
ProGrade Digital CFexpress Type B 1.3TB Cobalt Memory Card:
- Maximum read speed up to 3,400MB/s
- Burst write speed up to 3,000MB/s
- Minimum sustained write speed up to 2,800MB/s
- CFexpress 4.0
- Capacity: 1.3TB
- MSRP: $1,459.99
CFexpress Type B 1.3TB Cobalt Delivers:
- Fully compliant with CompactFlash™ Association 4.0 specification and backward compatible with 2.0 specification
- NVMe host interface with PCIe Gen4 X2 interconnect
- Low standby power through NVMe PS0 – PS4 support enabling extended battery life
- Metal enclosure for improved durability and heat dissipation
- Thermal throttling protects the card from overheating
- Laser etched unique serial numbering for the tracking of key components and manufacturing data for the highest quality control
- Temperature ranges: operating 14°F to 158°F/ -10°C to 70°C; storage -4°F to 185°F/ -20°C to 85°C
- Packaging: Biodegradable fiber tray
- Refresh Pro ready*
- SLC (Single Level Cell) memory technology for the highest endurance and reliability
- RED V-Raptor and Komodo X approved
- X-ray proof and shock-proof
- 3-year warranty
Customers may purchase ProGrade Digital products on www.progradedigital.com, Amazon, B&H Photo and Video, or Adorama websites along with many other retailers around the globe. Customers in select regions may purchase on Amazon.com with Prime shipping.
About ProGrade Digital, Inc.
ProGrade Digital focuses exclusively on the design and marketing of digital memory cards, card readers, and workflow software required by imaging professionals. Flagship products include ProGrade Digital CFexpress™ and ProGrade Digital SDXC UHS-II V90 memory cards offered in a range of capacities and USB 3.1, Gen 2 high-speed readers. ProGrade Digital memory cards and workflow solutions are available for purchase globally through Amazon.com, on the company website, and also B&H Photo and Video.
*Refresh Pro™ functionality requires ProGrade Digital Refresh Pro™ software application and a ProGrade Digital card and reader. This is a great way to monitor card health and restore the card back to factory-fresh conditions.
High-resolution product photos and logo for download: 2023-09-05 CFexpress 4.0 Type B 1.3TB Cobalt Card
ProGrade Digital is an authorized licensee of SDXC, microSDXC, CFast 2.0, 4.0, CompactFlash, and CFexpress trademarks. All other brand or product names in the release are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
ProGrade Digital, Inc.